When one considers the political novices, Carnival Barkers and Side Show Freaks now favored by the near crazy zealots of the self destructing Tea Party and loudly echoed by the impotent and leaderless Republican party as potential candidates for the upcoming 2012 Presidential race, it brings a smile to this crusty old octogenarian and begs the question: "Has the Republican Party Finaly - GONE NUTS? Maybe it is only temporarily possessed by the spirit of P. T. Barnum, that great circus showman, producer, con artist and crafty creator of The Greatest Show on Earth, the Barnum & Bailey Circus?
Pineaus Taylor Barnum was a brilliant promoter responsible for bringing "working clowns" out of the shadows and transforming them into headlining stars. He spotlighted the zany actions of the clown car, was architect of the exploding pants gag and an avid promoter of the "wild and crazy" antics of those hilariously disoriented Chinese Fire Drill routines that provided "side spliting" laughter for millions and millions of Americans in need of something to laugh about during the cold dark days of the Depression.
P. T. Barnum transformed clowning into an "Art Form" and started his own "Clown College," to train others in the mysterious art of making depressed folks laugh till they wanted to puked. Sort of a modern day promoter - like RUPERT MURDOCH, (CEO, News Inc), the parent company of that laugh-a-minute news organization, FOX TV NETWORK NEWS (Ha! Ha! Ha! News! Get It? News! Hee! Hee! Ha Ha! Awful!).
One good looking, savvy media critic (me) defined FOX TV NEWS NETWORK as:
"Fame & Foolishness rolled into one big indigestible lump of a nonsensical media madhouse, coated with outrageous heapings of distorted tid bits of news, dipped in radical right wing ravings, fluffed up by Media Clowns and tinted with a just a hint of cornball conspiracy theory - mixed all together nicely by nuts and served "free" to the great masses of dumb asses - Faux News viewers". - Jonathan Livingston Pigeon (Doctored)
Well, let me just say this about that, when I was a lad in knickerbockers, millions of disillusioned Americans flocked to the Circus for a quick moment of release. They streamed there in silence like hoards of zombies and plopped down their "hard earn cash" to a buy a few fake minutes manufactured happiness. The poor, the tired and the toothless were desperately seeking a way out of the harsh grey drabness of their daily lives. Mostly, all were suffering at the handof corrupt Wall Street Robber Barons who fleeced America's financial institutions and wrecked its economy. The little people, as we were known, were devastated by the crippling misery now understood by modern day economists as the Great Republican Depression.
Phineas Taylor (P. T.) came to America's rescue and made millions of dollars for himself by lifting America's spirit for a brief time, before packing up and moving swiftlyto the next to town. Barnum was a brilliant show man with a Hugh Ego. He assembled a menagerie of high flying, beautifully costumed aerialists, "live" animal acts and a hilarious troupe of silly clowns. The clowns became an instant big hit with the crowds bringing back warm laugher as they traveled from in Caravans from town to town, much like our present day presidential candidates do today; exchanging illusions for reality; words for action; "talking points" for lively debate.
Now, Donald Trump, owner of the world's worst comb over, is leading the pack of wild eye "birthers" and political side show freaks that the Republican Party is joking perpetrating as presidential candidates. Say, it isn't so! Is Bozo The Clown running the selection committee for the Republican Party? And, are theyunconsciously continuingg the tradition of the Greatest Circus On The Earth by elevating "Reaity TV" stars and political nitwits as legitimate presidential candidate?
Consider, if you will, the current line-up of political misfits, whack-a-doogles and former Fox TV commentators actually being showcased by the once great party of Abraham Lincoln as serious candidates to fill his legendary shoes - and his weren't over-sized red clown shoes:
- DON "THE DONALD" TRUMP - Reality TV Star and Guinness Book of Recorder Holder for "The World's Longest Comb Over." A real estate broker, huckster and last of the great, late Carnival Barkers. I'm Rich and You Aren't!
- MIKE HUCKABEE - Part time Fox TV Commentator; Full Time Evangelical-Backwoods-Born Again-Fire Breathing Bible Thumping-Progressive-Southern-Hillbilly Preacher from the Great State of Arkansas, where the IQ's are so low they can be measured!
- SARAH PALIN - Half Governor - Half Mother of America's Most Dysfunctional Families,The Palins, and a Reality Star, too. Her clan of sexual misfits will keep America in stitches and finally put "White Trash" In the White House.
- MICHELLE BACHMAN - Mega-Mom to 29 children; 24 that she raised with help from public assistance and now she is the Reigning Self-Proclaimed Queen of the Tea Party, A Twisted Linguist Who Makes No Sense At Anytime.
- NEWT GINGRICH - Thrice Married; Once Censured - Speaker of the House. Newt's Marital Affairs Were Only For "The Interest of the Nation," and definitely not personal pleasure! Just Ask His Wife (Drum shot!) Newt is Known As The Cruelest Man In America - The Man Who Served His Second Wife Divorce Papers As She Lay in her hospital bed Recuperating from CANCER SURGERY! Meaner than a Junk Yard Dog; Newt is the Undisputed Winner of America's Meanest Man Contest!
SEE THEM ALL "LIVE" - ONLY AT YOUR LOCAL REPUBLICAN TOWN HALL MEETING! Hurry - Before They Are Laughed Out of Town!
Isn't it ironic or at least odd that all of the leading Republican candidates are former employees of Fox TV Network News? Does that makes them all personal "pets" of the modern day equivalent of Phineas? "The One and Only" (wait for it), Rupert Murdoch, CEO OF THE WORLD'S CRASS TV and Wanna Be Sole Emperor of the Planet's Media!
"Hap's-a-doodlers", media hucksters, one and all! Enquiring minds wonders are these media clowns the Best and the Brightest that the Republican Party has to offer? Tea Republicans and the remnants of the that once great Republican party of Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt and the late, great Ronald Reagan now appears to have deginerated into o a Clown School.
Unrepentant Republicans seriously championing this collection of loosely connected goofballs and promoting them as "viable" Presidential candidates for the office of Chief Executive of the United State of America is hysterical - if it was only a gag - and, not reality! One has to ask the question: Is The Republican Party AMERICA'S Newest CLOWN COLLEGE?